- Please read these terms carefully before using our website www.pentlandfloatingwind.com (our site)
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Who we are and how to contact us
- We are Highland Wind Limited (we, our, us), a company registered in Scotland. Our company registration number is SC675148 and our registered office is at 4th Floor 115 George Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, EH2 4JN.
- If you wish to contact us for any reason, please do so as follows:
- Via the contact us page of this website
- By post at Highland Wind Limited c/o Copenhagen Offshore Partners, 93 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninter-rupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
How you may use our site and its materials
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use only. You may not make commercial use of any of our site content.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or other people in any way
- to bully, insult, intimidate, or humiliate any person
- to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes, and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Uploading content to our site
- You must not upload any content to, or post any materials on, our site which is defamatory or in breach of a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- In any case, we have the right to remove any posting you make on our site.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it although you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content but when you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content: a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by our site and across different media including (without limitation) to promote our site or the service to expire when the user deletes the content from our site.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Our site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of our site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us via this website.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our breach of statutory duty or a breach of statutory duty by our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either re-pair the damage or pay you reasonable compensation.
Breach of these terms
- If you breach any of these terms, we may take all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to access or use our site
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law
Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of these terms illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing any terms, we can still enforce them later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms are governed by Scots law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the Scottish courts or your local jurisdiction. For example, if you live in England you can bring legal proceedings in either the English or Scottish courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the Scottish courts.